Office Football Pool Rules for the 2023 Season
Another season is upon us, and it's time to get things ready for the first games on Sept 7, 2023. The game rule, pool fee, and payout details are listed below for your benefit:
As a reminder:
1. To start season, click “login” to get link to create your account
2. You can view weekly results and the consensus sheets from past weeks, look for the link on the left panel of the home page.
3. A suggestion box has been added to allow players the opportunity to make suggestions they feel could make the website more functional and friendly.
4. Players will need to enter their picks for the coming week by the due date. Make your selections online at http://www.officefbp.com/fbp2023. When you logon for the first time in the season, the website will direct you to your user information to check and click update when you have verified everything is correct.
5. The website www.OfficeFBP.com/fbp2023 will have the current consensus, pick sheets, and results weekly. Additionally, the website banner box (at the top of the home page) will be used as the league “bulletin board” (league updates, weekly winners, changes to the NFL schedule, etc.)
· Select Winning Team: For each week, make your weekly selections by marking each game winner by selecting the home or away team.
· Apply Confidence Number: For a sixteen-game week, confidence points 1 to 16 are used. You can use a number only once with the highest number (16) going to the game you feel the strongest about and the lowest number (1) to the game you are least confident about its outcome. A fourteen-game week would use points 1 to 14 and so forth.
· Scoring: If the team you selected wins that game, the confidence points you assigned are awarded and a total for the week is determined. If a game ends in a tie, everyone wins that game and receives the confidence points they assigned for that game.
o Weekly Tie Breakers: There are 2 weekly tie breakers: total points scored for both teams of the Monday night game and total offensive yards for the winning team. These tie breakers are used to break ties in the event more than one player has the same total points for that week.
o Total Season Tie Breaker: There is an additional tie breaker to enter during Week 18 which is used to break any ties for the overall accumulated points for the year. Total score for Monday night game is used first then total offensive yards second if a tie still exists for that week. Remember to indicate the total score on your pick sheet. If you have any questions, you can contact us at the email address below.
· Forgotten and Default Picks: If a player forgets to get their picks in by the weekly deadline (usually before the first game on Thursday), they will receive the default picks for the week. The default picks are all visiting teams and confidence points assigned 1 to number of games top to bottom. The default picks cannot win a week.
· Pick Deadlines: Picks will be locked at kickoff and no changes are allowed once picks are locked. There are multiple deadlines throughout the regular season week:
o Thursday Games: If a week hosts a Thursday game, that pick will lock at kickoff, but all remaining games beyond Thursday will not lock – changes can still be made to the remaining games.
o Saturday Games: If a week hosts a Saturday game, that pick will lock at kickoff, but all remaining games beyond Saturday will not lock – changes can still be made to the remaining games.
o Sunday Games: For all Sunday and Monday games, those picks will lock at 12pm on Sunday. After the Sunday 12pm deadline, all games will be locked and no further changes can be made. The consensus will become available after the Sunday 12pm deadline.
o The OFP Administrators cannot and will not update picks on your behalf, nor make picks on your behalf! Each player is responsible for making and submitting their picks on time.
Pool Fees and Payouts
Pool Fees: Weekly players entry fees are $40.00. This includes your entry fee of $36.00 ($2.00/week) plus a $4.00 add-on ($1 for league operational expenses, and the remainder to pay additional places weekly and the 5 places overall)
· Fees are due BEFORE the second week (see below for payment options). Please comply with this deadline for fees, or we will not be able to enter your picks.
Payment Options: The preferred payment option is Venmo. If Venmo is not an option for you, you can send a check to the address listed below.
· Venmo: To pay via Venmo, send the ($40.00) to @Patricia-Kremer. The website will then be updated to reflect your payment.
· Check: Make checks payable to George Kremer and send fees to: George Kremer at 10746 Lyndale Bluffs Trail, Bloomington, MN 55420
Weekly Payouts: Each week $1.00 of the weekly entry fee ($2.00) is paid out to the players with the highest total for confidence points (65% to 1st place, 25% to 2nd and 10% to 3rd) and the other $1.00 goes toward the final pot to be paid out at the end of the season to the top five players with highest total accumulated confidence points. Payouts for ties will be determined by the tie breakers, and if tie breakers are identical the tied players will split the winnings.
· Example: If there are 100 players, 1st place will win $65, 2nd place will win $25, and 3rd place will win $10
Season Payouts: Each week $1.00 of the weekly entry fee ($2.00) goes toward the final pot to be paid out at the end of the season to the top five players with highest total accumulated points. The final pot will be split accordingly: 50% to 1st place, 20% to 2nd, 15% to 3rd, 10% to 4th and 5% for 5th. At season end, ties for the top spots split the winnings for the places they hold, a tie for 1st and 2nd would split 70% of the total while a tie for 2nd and 3rd would split 35%.
For all questions please contact us at OFPOfficeFootballPool2022@gmail.com